Part One Directions: Carefully read all Open Letters linked below. Using the ballot you were given in class, vote for the five letters that:
- include a salutation, directing its contents to the person(s) at Perry Local Schools who are most capable of implementing the change the authors are seeking.
- acknowledge something the school has done well in the specific reform area
- describe the problem that the reform addresses
- advocate for a specific, reasonable reform, which must comply with state laws and be supported with evidence
- cite at least two sources to support the existing problem or suggested reform
- maintain a formal style that attends to the norms and conventions expected of a college/career ready 12th grade writer.
Part Two Directions: Consider which Open Letter(s) you are willing to co-sign (in addition to your own letter), and briefly explain why you support the argument established by its authors. Use the ballot provided in class to explain why you support the letters selected.