Positions available: 25+
Service times: TBD
Service requirement: 4 hours per week (note…you will be unable to accumulate 4 hours using your PSL block alone).
Job description: Volunteers will be responsible for working with teachers to implement corrective and enrichment activities for students in the elementary and middle grades. The following Perry Local Schools' teachers are seeking PSL volunteers to work with students in one-on-one and small group settings:
- Mrs. Dolatowski: Seeks volunteers for her Kindergarten classroom from 9:00-11:00 or from 1:30-3:00. Volunteers need to be responsible, dedicated, and enthusiastic, as they will work directly with a variety of students in both small group and individual settings.
- Mrs. Elseser: Students volunteering in Mrs. Elseser's Kindergarten classroom will work directly with students and also assist the teacher with special projects. Although every day is different, typical duties include running a work station, reading books to the class, working one-on-one with students, and preparing art/craft projects. She prefers a volunteer from 8:00-10:00am, 11:00am-1:00pm, and/or 1:30-3:30pm.
- Mrs. Morvilius: Seeks a volunteer to help in her Kindergarten classroom from 9:00-11:00am and/or 1:30-3:00pm.
- Mrs. Sayle: Seeks volunteers for her Kindergarten classroom from 1:30-3:00pm, but could also utilize volunteers from 9:00-11:00am.
- Ms. Seifrick: Volunteers in Ms. Seifrick's Kindergarten classroom help students that are falling behind as well as assisting with class assessments for grade level mastery objectives. She prefers a volunteer from 9:00-11:00 or 1:30-3:00.
- Mrs. Siegel: Seeks volunteers for her Kindergarten classroom from 9:00-11:00am and/or 1:30-3:00pm to work with students in small group and individual settings.
- Miss Guzik: One volunteer needed from 9:00-11:00 or 1: 00-3:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Mrs. Tromba: Seeks a volunteer to work with her 1st grade students from 9:00am-11:00am and/or 1:00pm-3:30pm.
- Mrs. Darnell: Seeks volunteers to work with her students from 9:00am-11:30am and/or 2:00-3:15pm. She is also seeking volunteers to participate in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program at Perry Elementary on Wednesdays from 3:30-5:00pm.
- Mrs. Miller: Seeks a volunteer to work with her students.
- Mrs. Watroba - Seeks volunteers to work with small groups of student in her 2nd grade classroom from 9:00am until 11:30am. She would also be willing to have a volunteer from 2:00-3:00pm during the reading workshop, or from 7:30-8:30am for the PES Video Club.
- Mrs. Crum: Seeks a volunteer for 3rd grade classroom from 10:00am-12noon or 1:00-3:00pm.
- Mrs. Perry: Seeks a highly motivated and engaged volunteer to work with her 3rd grade students, preferably from 10:00am-12noon or 1:00-3:30pm.
- Mrs. Pietra-Freeman: Seeks volunteer to work with students in small group settings. Volunteer needed 10:30am-12noon on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Additional PES Classrooms
- Mrs. Smith: Seeks a volunteer to work with her Spanish classes at Perry Elementary from 11am-2pm. A knowledge of basic Spanish is preferred so that the volunteer can support student activities.
- Mrs. LeMond: Seeks a volunteer to work with students in the PES Media Center. She prefers a volunteer from 11am-1pm to work with kindergarten and first grade students, but is open to any volunteers between 10am-3:15pm.
- Mr. Dolatowski: Seeks active , fun, and responsible volunteer(s) to work hands-on with students in the PES Physical Education program from 9:00-10:00am and/or 11:00am-3:15pm.
- Ms. Church: Seeks a volunteer to help with the Kindergarten classes M-F from 11am-12noon. The volunteer would help young artists talk through ideas and techniques, and would support Ms. Church in managing materials.
- Ms. Banjoff: Seeks volunteers to help her Design Learning classes with both preparation work and direct student assistance. She would prefer a volunteer to help with her kindergarten and first grade classes from 11:00am-1:00pm, but would also consider a volunteer from 9:00-10:00am and 1:00-3:15pm.